24 August 2019
Dental Surgery Service in Tracy CA – Elite Dental Care Tracy
Dental surgeries, types,procedures, and after care instructions:
As a dental doctor, I happen to come across many patients who come to me for dental surgeries disappointed though were very cautious about their oral hygiene
For such people who never had even a filling in their tooth Dental surgeries are daunting and they necessarily need to know about the surgical procedures.
Here is a brief notes for such people about dental surgeries:
Dental surgery is undergoing medical procedures to replace the missing tooth by artificial dentition.
In simple words it is surgery of gums, teeth and Jaw bone.
They are different types of Dental Surgeries:
- Endodontic: This surgery involves root of the tooth.
- Prosthodontics: Replaces the tooth with artificial tooth using Dental Implants.
- Periodontics: These include supporting tissues to the teeth structures called periodontium.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: It involves total surgery of face, jaws and mouth.
Dental Surgery services in Elite Dental Care, Tracy:
The Elite Dental Care offers wide range of diagnostic services such as
- Periodontal therapy
- Composite filling
- Crown (Caps)
- Teeth Whitening
- Tooth Extraction
- Root Canal
- Dental Cleaning
- Implants and Sleep Apnea are treatment additions in future.
All these dental surgeries are handled by me and my team and mostly the surgeries are successful, patients go very happily after the procedures as they are given good counselling on the procedures by us.
We Train the students and conduct Dental exams.
Dental Surgery cost:
There are many types of dental surgeries and cost depends upon the problem of the patient and the treatment that he is prescribed to.
Treatment involves different types of materials used for different types of surgeries.
Number of sittings the patients are prescribed for the treatment and the type of hospital selected.
If it is a small clinic they charge differently.
If it is an exclusive dental hospital then the charges are high and we get quality dental treatment.
Dental Surgeon responsibilities:
Dental Surgeons and dental specialists examine the dental problems and perform surgeries and procedures on jaws, mouth and face.
Dentists only performs minor surgeries.
Dental Surgeons are also called as Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (OMS).
They are also trained to administer anesthesia or sedatives before starting the procedure.
Dental Surgeons work with psychiatrists and many other health care specialists to treat the dental problems and perform the surgeries.
Some procedures that Dental Surgeons do are:
- Dental Implants
- Surgical repair of a cleft lip and cleft palate.
- Head and Neck cancer which includes Oral cancer.
- Treat facial injury and trauma
- Corrective Jaw surgery
- Facial cosmetic surgery
- TMJ and Facial pain
- Facial cosmetic surgery
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
Most of the Oral surgeries include replacing the missing tooth, extraction of damaged teeth, reconstructing the teeth or placing the artificial teeth to merge with the surrounding teeth by inserting implants.
Care after Dental Surgery:
We all know that Oral hygiene is important and mouth is most sensitive part and interconnected with other body parts so once the oral surgery is done, care after the dental surgery plays a vital role in recovery.
- First and foremost is take the prescribed medicines on time and in sufficient dosage.
- Take bed rest and resume with daily routine once the pain is relieved.
- Place the ice packs on the sides of the jaws where the surgery is performed.
- Touching the surgery area frequently should be avoided
- Too much of mouth rinsing should be avoided.
- Eat soft foods or try to be on liquids as much as possible till the pain in surgery part is healed. Straws shall not be used to drink liquids, drink directly from glass.
- Drink at least 6 to 7 glasses of water daily.
- Bad habits like smoking, drinking or eating hard substances should be strictly prohibited as smoking may result in the failure of the surgery.
- Rinse the mouth in the night after surgery and rinse 5 to 6 times with warm salt water daily after eating or taking in anything.
- If there is more pain and swelling apply heating pad after 48 hours from surgery, this decreases the pain and swelling.
Dental surgery is a very complicated process to learn, dentists have to do lot of hard work to gain expertise and become a Dental surgeon.
If somebody happen to undergo any type of dental surgery, after care is really important to heal the pain.