30 Nov DOs AND DON’Ts WHILE DRINKING WITH INVISALIGN – ELITE DENTAL CARE TRACY
Everyone loves to have a perfect set of teeth that are neatly aligned and look bright, thereby adding elegance to the smile. When the teeth are misaligned, people go for braces. A few years back, metal braces were used to align the teeth. These braces not only added discomfort while eating or speaking but also looked a little awkward. There were chances of the tongue or mouth getting hurt due to these metal braces. People used to be hesitant to smile or laugh in front of people owing to the braces. But wait! This is all a part of the past. These days you can confidently don a pair of clear invisible Invisalign braces without being hesitant or hiding from the people. This is all possible with the Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign vs Metal Braces?
- It is similar to the placing of braces in your mouth to align the teeth. But if you compare Invisalign with metal braces, these are comparatively invisible because a plastic aligner tray is used rather than a metal one.
- Invisalign aligners can be used to treat misaligned teeth, crossbite, underbite, overbite, gaps in teeth, crooked teeth and crowded teeth.
- These braces are removable, and you can take them out, brush and floss your teeth, clean the aligners and wear them back.
- Unlike metal braces, these do not hurt the mouth or the tongue because there are no wires or brackets attached.
- The application and removal of plastic aligners are painless.
- Being safe and easy to use, these Invisalign braces are a good choice for both kids and adults.
Dos and Dont’s After Invisalign
- Do not drink too hot drinks or beverages because the Invisalign braces are made of plastic. Due to the high temperatures, the plastic may meltdown and spoil the braces and teeth as well.
- Avoid the consumption of carbonated and caffeinated drinks, sodas, colored juices with the aligners are on your teeth. These drinks can stain your braces changing the color of the Invisalign braces as well as the teeth.
- Do not consume chewing gum wearing the braces because these sugary substances stick to the tray spoiling it.
- Drink more of plain water with the Invisalign in the mouth because water can flush off the leftover food or bacteria from the mouth.
- Avoid smoking with the Invisalign braces as it leads to discoloration and spoiling f the tray.
- Brush and floss your teeth before and after using the Invisalign aligners. It is necessary to keep your oral cavity clean to make the most of these aligners.
- Bacteria and plaque tend to stick on the aligners. Hence, along with the teeth, also make sure that you clean your Invisalign braces with a neat cloth and soft-bristled brush and rinse them in lukewarm water. Rinse them in water before and after every use for maximum safety.
- Toothpaste is good for the cleaning of the teeth, but the same does not go with the Invisalign braces. Toothpaste can dull the color of these aligners, making them awkwardly noticeable. Do not clean your Invisalign aligners with strong toothpaste or harsh soaps that can wear off or scratch the braces.
- Wear the Invisalign aligners for 20+ hours a day or as prescribed by the dentist and do not compromise on it.
- When you remove your aligners, store them in your aligner case instead of throwing them here and there. The aligners may accumulate dirt and spoil your oral health.
Invisalign braces correct your teeth without compromising with the charm of your smile. Visit the Elite Dental Care to get your pair of Invisalign aligners. We offer a huge discount on Invisalign treatment and serve you with the best care.