dental careflossingoral healthRoot Canal Treatment
21 December 2022
Wisdom Tooth Removal. When is it Necessary?
It’s a common question among adults: when is it time to consider wisdom tooth removal? The answer depends on various factors, such as the individual’s overall dental health and the positioning of the teeth. Fortunately, there are many signs that can alert you to the need for wisdom tooth extraction.
In this article, we’ll explore the most important signs to look out for and provide an overview of the wisdom tooth removal process.
Read our blog here: https://theelitedental.com/is-wisdom-tooth-removal-a-major-surgery/
When should a wisdom tooth be removed?
The decision to remove wisdom teeth typically depends on several factors such as:
- Jaw size: If the jaw size is too small to accommodate the wisdom teeth, they may need to be removed because they can press against other teeth and cause dental problems.
- Position of the teeth: If the wisdom teeth are growing in at an angle, they can cause crowding, misalignment, and other issues.
- The degree of infection: If there is an infection around the wisdom tooth, it may need to be removed to prevent the infection from spreading to other parts of the mouth.
- Gum disease: If there is gum disease around the wisdom tooth, it may need to be removed to prevent it from spreading.
- Impacted teeth: If the wisdom teeth are impacted, the dentist may need to remove them to prevent the gum tissue from becoming irritated.
If any of these factors apply, it’s important to talk to your dentist about your options. The dentist will be able to determine whether removal is necessary and provide you with more information on the procedure.
Overall, wisdom tooth removal is a common procedure and is often necessary to prevent other dental problems or complications. It’s important to speak with your dentist if you’re experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above or if you’re concerned about potential dental problems. Your dentist can assess your situation and provide you with the necessary information to make an informed decision.