Root Canal TreatmentTeeth WhiteningTooth Extraction
1 December 2022
ALIGNERS VS BRACES – THE BIG CHOICE
One of the big decisions for parents to make is whether or not to use braces. It seems that there are always two sides to every debate, and the one surrounding braces vs. aligners is no different. The article will explore the advantages and disadvantages of both options so that you can be better informed when it comes time to make your choice.
What is the Difference Between The Two?
- The first thing you need to consider when making the choice between aligners and braces is the severity of your misalignment. If you have a very mild case of misalignment, then aligners may be the best option for you. On the other hand, if you have a more severe case of misalignment, then braces will probably be the better choice.
- Another thing to consider is the length of time that you are willing to wear your corrective device. Aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours per day in order to be effective, and they must be worn for a minimum of 6 months. Braces, on the other hand, can be worn for as little as 20 hours per day, and they typically only need to be worn for 12-18 months.
- Finally, you need to think about your budget. Aligners can be quite expensive, with the average cost being around $5,000. Braces are usually less expensive, with the average cost being around $3,000.
So, which is better? Ultimately, it depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you have a mild case of misalignment and you are willing to wear your corrective device for at least 22 hours per day, then aligners may be the best option for you. If you have a more severe case of misalignment or if you are not willing to wear your corrective device for that long each day, then braces will probably be
Pros of Aligners
There are a number of reasons why people might choose aligners over braces. Here are some of the key benefits:
- They’re practically invisible
- They’re removable, so you can eat and drink what you want
- They’re more comfortable than braces
- You can brush and floss normally
- There’s no need for wires or brackets
Disadvantages of Aligners
There are a few disadvantages to aligners that are worth considering before making your final decision.
- First, aligners are not as effective as braces at correcting more severe dental problems. If you have major crowding, gaps, or misalignment issues, braces will likely be a better option.
- Second, aligners can be more expensive than braces, especially if you need to wear them for an extended period of time.
- Finally, aligners require diligent cleaning and care in order to avoid staining and discoloration.
Pros of Braces
There are many pros to braces, especially when compared to aligners.
- First, braces are more affordable than aligners.
- Second, braces can be removed at any time, while aligners must be worn for the entire treatment period.
- Third, braces require less upkeep than aligners – you simply brush and floss as usual and visit your orthodontist for adjustments.
- Lastly, braces provide more control over the tooth-straightening process, which means your orthodontist can achieve the desired results more quickly.
Disadvantages of Braces
While braces are very effective at straightening teeth, they do have some disadvantages. First, they are not invisible like aligners, so you will have to deal with the metal wires and brackets shown.
There are many factors to consider when choosing between braces and aligners. Ultimately, the decision comes down to personal preference and what will work best for your individual needs. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to consult with your orthodontist to get their professional opinion.